Natural wax candles perform differently to the more common paraffin candles widely available. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your candle.
- As our wax blend contains soy it has what is called a ‘memory’ – meaning the candle will melt across as far as it did the first time it was lit. When lighting your candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Not letting your candle pool on the first burn may result in your candle tunnelling.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 5mm. The wick should be trimmed before each use to prevent mushrooming as much as possible. Occasionally, mushrooming may occur with candles that are richly scented. If your wick doesn’t appear to be burning very well, extinguish the flame and trim the top of the wick before relighting.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than three hours straight during the first half of the candle and two hours during the remaining. Once you finish burning the candle place the lid back on to keep the scent locked in and your candle dust free.
- As heat rises, to maximise on scent throw, try placing your candle on a lower surface, making sure it is out of reach children and pets.
- All our candles are hand made in small batches. Due to the nature of soy in our wax blend, sometimes our candles may be prone to frost. This will not affect the quality or performance of the candle and if anything, is a sign of its natural wax content.
- We do not use additives or chemical stabilizers, which means if exposed to long periods of UV light our candles may change colour. This does not affect the quality or performance of the candle. To avoid this keep lid on when not in use.